Hello Jenny,

> It must be very helpful for me if you could suggest an idea which
> request familiar with image filtering algorithms. :)

> Thanks,
> Jenny

Maybe

  Fast Adaptive Resampler Tailored For Transformations Which Mostly
  Downsample (GEGL)

fits the bill? The prereq is understanding exact area box filtering
(not a particularly deep filtering algorithm, I'll admit). The real
hurdle is tweaking GEGL so that transformation information is passed
on from operations which call on resamplers (or else, approximating
it). That, I don't exactly know how to do, but I'm sure a kind (but
busy, aren't we all?) soul within the developers' group would give us
some guidance.

Nicolas Robidoux
Laurentian University