Michael J. Hammel wrote:
> I know Sven and the developers hate this question but:  is there any
> schedule for when the next release might come out?  Even a rough target
> range?  Is 2.8 stable enough with respect to the UI in git to work from
> there (I haven't built out of SVN in about a month or two and haven't
> really investigated stability in much longer than that)?

There is no schedule but IMHO this is what we should do before we
release 2.8:

* Merge the vector layer branch
* Polish and finalize the new features vector layers, on-canvas text
editing and tagging
* Implement the 2.8 UI specifications i.e. a unified transform tool and
save + export specification [1]
* Execute and merge the GSoC 2009 projects Improve Foreground Selection
Tool and Advanced GUI for brush dynamics

- Martin

[1] http://gui.gimp.org/index.php/Specifications