yahvuu wrote:
> Hi all,
> Alchemie foto\grafiche schrieb:
>> The possibility to add "CUSTOM " layer modes [..]
> that sounds interesting. Just curious: i wonder how custom layer modes
> differ from filters that take a second layer as input (e.g. LIC)?
> i mean, other than that filters currently work destructively.

A layer mode is a formula for blending two pixels together, producing a
result pixel. That is, the set of all layer modes is a subset of the set
of all filters that blends two layers together, producing a result layer.

There is one exception to this nice classification of layer modes; an
output pixel when using the Dissolve layer mode does not only depend on
two pixels, also on the position of these pixels.

Spontaneously I don't think custom layer modes is a good idea. Might be
fun for programmers to play with, but graphic professionals?