Simon,I didn't think of subscribing to the notify::sensitive action on the
action itself; I suppose I should have though.

Martin,
I think the thing that changes the sensitivity of the actions is the
UIManager via each action group. So, that's what I'm doing or trying to do
at least.

Is there any reason why when I subscribe to the "update" signal in the
UIManager, the update data I set doesn't make it back to my callback
function?

Thanks,
Jordan