On 08/03/2009 09:33 PM, Sven Neumann wrote:
> GIMP has done it the way you proposed in the past and copied system
> resources to the user directory. This was ugly and caused lots of grief.
> Eventually we got rid of this mess and now you are proposing to undo
> this work and to reintroduce this ugliness? That's very disappointing.

I later realized that I was attacking the problem in the wrong way, it's
not about making our current brush system work, it's about designing a
completely new system.

With this in mind, copying system resources to the user dir at user dir
instantiation is not attractive to me any longer.

My GIMP Blog: