Aurimas Juška wrote:

> Let me extend your idea a bit. Every time selecting a resource, a copy
> of it could be created (in memory, not on physical file). User could
> edit resource in any way she likes without affecting originally
> selected resources. GIMP could actually maintain a
> current-session-brush, current-session-pattern, etc.: when finishing
> session save currently selected resources (one for each resource
> type). When starting session only one resource for each type would
> need to be loaded in synchronously. All other resources could be
> loaded in background (improve startup time).

I like this idea as well. One thing I find very annoying is if I want to
create a temporary one-time-use resource, such as a gradient, I have to
create a new gradient, then edit it then use it. It should be possible
to simply always edit the current in-memory gradient (and brush, etc)
and then if I want to save it provide the ability to do so. When
selecting another resource, if the current in-memory copy has a modified
flag set, it would give the the option to save or discard changes.

Brian Vanderburg II