Hi,

On Tue, 2009-08-11 at 20:45 +0200, Martin Nordholts wrote:

> It has already been concluded that we want to get rid of a few data
> resources for GIMP 2.8 and also that this requires a mechanism to
> support backwards compatibility for scripts that uses the
> soon-to-be-removed resources.

It's certainly a possible solution. But it means that the obsolete data
resources are still loaded, taking up memory and slowing down start-up.
I wonder if we could instead create brushes such as "Circle Fuzzy (11)"
on the fly. Shouldn't be too hard to make up some code that maps
obsolete brush names to parameters for generated brushes. Then we could
really remove most of the obsolete brushes.

Sven