Hi all,
My opinion about that is the same as shirakawa if we want to do photography
retouch and "superexact" works like these, but artisticaly i would prefer
something like Martin says. It is more useful for the eye, if we want to
make an stroke fast and not acuratly but in the aprox right place.the old
method requieres user imagination to preview in his mind what will happen...

but i have to say that i don´t use this "brush outline feature" becouse it
makes my gimp sloooooower with complex outlines.So if somebody has the
solution for this... i am listening.
best regards