I read that the layer modes are being grouped differently in 2.8 (from
gimpusers.com - "Layer modes have been grouped by context for easier
use. For example, all modes that darken/brighten the image are
arranged together now.")

Is this just a UI change, or is the enum value changed as well?
Specifically, will scripts that reference layer modes using numbers
rather than the enums get broken by this?  (I am a script writer, not
a developer, so I do not have enough actual exposure/experience with
the gimp code to even know where to look for myself...)

Thanks-

Rob A>