>>> A good foreground selection tool would need to get rid of the red in the
>>> pixels with both red and green and only leave slightly transparent green
>>> pixels.
>> Absolutely. And this is exactly what Jenny has implemented as part of
>> the Google Summer of Code.
>> (So until now SIOX was 'only a selection tool' but now it's not
>> anymore -- at least once Jenny's code
>> makes it's way into the main branch)
> Ok cool.
> Speaking of integrating into git master, who will do that? There is a need
> to cleanup the branch and introduce proper commit messages. If we could
> get help with that it would be great.

I think the integration should be a collaborative effort between Jenny
and somebody who actually knows the GIMP code very well and has commit
privileges on the main tree. I am happy to help conceptually, meaning
on advising how the output should look like and what is possible and
what might not be possible for further extensions.

Dr. Gerald Friedland
1947 Center Street, Suite 600
CA-94704 Berkeley, USA
Sent from Berkeley, CA, United States