I am particularly interested in the topology of the graph generated by GIMP
for I am considering the possibility of implementing a plug-in that can
allow user to directly manipulate the DAG itself. I can already foresee some
interesting use case such as non-linear undo/redo, operation reuse...etc

However, to make it feasible, a DAG visualization with readable and
reasonable topology has to be built on the fly during the image editing
process. At least, DAG should clearly show the dependency between nodes with
overlapped region and remove or hide unnecessary edges.

I am wondering is there any related projects or on-going effort for building
such  DAG editor?

And of course, all comments and brainstorm are welcome :D

Thanks,
Tim Chen