Hi,

On Sat, 2009-12-26 at 16:42 +0200, Alexia Death wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 26, 2009 at 4:22 PM, Sven Neumann <s...@gimp.org> wrote:
>
> > That implies that there would be a main window. But the spec doesn't
> > have the notion of a main window that the utility windows belong to.
> > Clearly the spec is not suited for what GIMP tries to achieve. But over
> > all these years no one has cared enough to propose a change to the spec.
>
> Let me rephrase that. Window without utility hints and with a taskbar
> entry. Who writes that spec anyway?

Now you are surprising me. You are talking about the spec, but haven't
read it, nor do you know where it originates from? We have a list of all
standards and specifications that are relevant for GIMP at
developer.gimp.org. You can find a link to the Extended Window Manager
Hints specification there: http://developer.gimp.org/standards.html

Sven