Hi,

I tried out 2.7.3 from the 'matthaeus123' PPA for Ubuntu. I like the new
features but noted some performance issues. I don't have a particularly
powerful PC (stats below) but I've run 2.6 on even lower specced PCs with no
issue, therefore 2.7 must be introducing some significant additional resource
demands?

I experienced lag on brush strokes with CPU utilization maxing out at 100% (it
was always high even with 2.6) but is bad enough that I've reverted back to
2.6.10. Single or multi window interface didn't make much difference so I
suspect the new brush engine?

I haven't seen anything on the forum about this, is it a known issue? But
since the performance difference between 2.6 and 2.7 is significant enough to
render 2.7 unusable (on low spec PCs) I thought it was worth a mention.

My PC stats
AMD 2800+ 2.08Mhz processor, 1.5Gb memory, ATI Radeon 9200SE, ubuntu 10.4

--
Dave (via www.gimpusers.com)