Hi Sourav

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 12:36:04AM +0530, sourav de wrote:
> Hi,
>    I am a 2nd year student of the department of Computer Science and
> Engineering at Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur ,and  I am
> interested in the plugin for cartoonization of an image in GIMP.

I gather you want to modify the cartoon plug-in in GIMP?

The plug-in porting task that you have mentioned in the subject is to
directly port GIMP plug-ins to GEGL ops.  No modification of
functionality is necessary.  It is described here:

It is not a task of porting only 1 plug-in, but about 6-10 plug-ins per
student.  1 plug-in is a very easy task and will not be sufficiently
long for a full summer's work.

To apply for this task, please present the items mentioned on the
linked wiki page.

However, if you wish to modify the cartoon plug-in, that sounds
interesting too.  It can be a different task.  Can you describe what is
lacking in the current approach in the GIMP plug-in?  What is the
algorithm that you plan to use ?  You say you are doing a project on
algorithmic art..  have you published anything on the methods you wish
to use in this cartoon plug-in?  Are you using any other published

Note that we _may_ accomodate more tasks if they are of a high quality
and we are satisfied with how the student presents it.