On Fri, Nov 05, 1999 at 09:33:29AM +0800, Ian McKellar wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 03, 1999 at 03:15:57PM -0500, cailen fisher wrote:
> > heh.
> > that has to be one of the more imaginative spam scripts i've ever seen. =)
> Yes, I like it picked up the fact it was a .edu address and made references
> to school in the last paragraph. I don't like spam, but I can't help but
> respect this spammer just a little bit :-)
> Ian

        Ironically enough, this same message, came to me personally, through
the gnucash-devel list, and more importantly, linux-kernel. this is a bit
funny, as it found a way to grab the FQDN of the machine you're on. ingenious,
but still spam.. Someone on linux-kernel already LARTed the bloke, so, c'est
la vie..

Brad Littlejohn                         | Email:        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unix Systems Administrator,             |             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web + NewsMaster, BOFH.. Smeghead! :)   |   http://www.omnilinx.net/~tyketto
    PGP: 1024/E9DF4D85 67 6B 33 D0 B9 95 F4 37  4B D1 CE BD 48 B0 06 93

PGP signature