On  1 Nov, David Monniaux wrote:

> The stupid I18N behaviour of the week: when menus are translated, any
> string for which the system finds no translation gets translated to
> "Fichier" (in French), which means "File".

> I don't know the innards of the translation system, but a fact is that
> things used to work more or less and now are broken. :-(

 Which gtk+ and glibc are you using? Did you upgrade the last few weeks?

 I think the only thing which might have caused your problems is your
 environment because on my system everything works alright
 (as I told you before)... I could provide you a compiled version of
 Gtk+ which is known to work with GIMP at the moment for a start...

--

Servus,
       Daniel