On Fri, Dec 03, 1999 at 06:28:42AM +0200, Tor Lillqvist <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> That depends on exactly what source code you use to build libintl. The
> "intl" directory from glibc is LGPL, but the same sources (more or
> less) when distributed with gettext are GPL...

Whew, I didn't know this!

And which one do we distribute? I guess the one from gettext...

> with glibc, but hacking together a Makefile is pretty trivial. For
> Win32, I build the intl DLL from the LGPL sources.

The problem is that we default to the gettext distribution. And people do
not expect that their binary plug-in suddenly breaks the gpl because of
such a hidden side-effect.

(The real problem, of course, is the different licensing model).

I'd at least warn the user when he uses configure --with-included-gettext