On Sun, Dec 19, 1999 at 02:28:34PM +0100, Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> For the problem of packaging The GIMP IŽd suggest to create a seperate
> gimp-gnome package that contains the help-browser and the gimp.desktop file

While we are at it.. clearly, creating a specs file for rpm or any other
package manager is not _our_ problem.

But we might think about doing it anyway: I already got complaints from
distribution-makers that our specs file (in the tarball) is utterly

Which just means that people would use it as a base if it worked. And
creating our own specs file(s) could improve the quality overall, as it
would allow us to tailor the division between "gnome", "plug-ins", "core
app", "devel" much finer than if we just told the distributors what they
did wrong, _after_ the damage is there.

I have no idea who could to that. Maybe we could find some volunteer for
this job (e.g. by just asking on the mailinglist)?