Simon Budig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> <snipped...>
> BTW: Does somebody use XFree 4.0 with a wacom tablet? Sometimes I
> believe, that firm pressing the pen results in no more motion events...

Is it "no more motion events", or is it *so many* motion events that
the Gimp becomes paralyzed in processing the backlog?

And is this problem always observed, or only when the "Perfect but
Slow" preference choice is made?

I do use Wacom Intuos, currently with the Wacom driver developed for
SGI platforms, and I frequently find the apparent freezing of the Gimp
is due to paralysis. When mapped to the screen, it subdivides that rectangle
to very high resolution, implying *many more* events for a given stroke
than if the screen pointer device was being used. Such phenomenon should
be generally observable, not just with SGI. I'm wondering if this is a case
of that.

Thank you for the clarification.

Be good, be well

Garry Osgood