Jon Winters ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> The only manipulation I can think of that would benefit from "lossless"
> jpeg would be rotating the image.  (if I were shooting low-rez)  I
> remember seeing some tools at the JPEG F.A.Q. site that would rotate a
> JPEG without damage.

This lossless operations depend heavily on knowledge about
JPEG internals. They operate without de- and recompressing the
image data. You can use them with tools like jpegtran .

However, this is nothing to embed into Gimp. Gimp has a totally
different approach on storing image data and it is virtually
impossible to preserve the JPEG-internal data (parasites for all
JPEG-Coefficients - Urgh... ;-)