On Mon, May 08, 2000 at 02:16:06PM +0100, Austin Donnelly wrote:
> cleaned up on their unexpected termination at some earlier stage.  The
> whole point of plugins being separate processes is that a plugin
> should be unable to cause the main gimp app to crash: if they can then
> this is a fairly critical bug that should be fixed.

s/unable to cause/able to prevent/

We don't do nearly enough checks to prevent plug-ins from killing Gimp
if they're badly written. A future version could, in theory, but it
seems better to assume that plug-in authors have good intentions.

However, minor accidents causing a crash in a plug-in should NOT kill
Gimp as you said. This is our strength over most PC apps when it comes
to integrating 3rd party plug-ins. This has been annoying me, but
I presumed that whoever's been tinkering with the signals knew what
they were doing...?

Nick.