On Mon, 28 Aug 2000, Marc Lehmann wrote:

Thanks for the replay Marc,

> On Mon, Aug 28, 2000 at 04:03:30PM +1000, Mark Hessling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>wrote:
> > Gimp, and it is the Gimp that controls the execution of the plug-in, not the
> > other way around. This is where I'm confused :-(
>
> you call gimp. gimp calls the plug-in. the plug-in might be implemented in
> any language you want.
>
> The normal way to code a plug-in is to initialize the plug-in (global vars
> etc..) and then call gimp_main(), which uses the plug-in-info structure to
> make callbacks into your program.
>
> In rexx you have to
>
> a) create an interface for gimp_main
> b) create a way to initialize callbacks in the global PLUG_IN_INFO
>    structure.
>
> One way to do that would be to write glue functions (in C) that would call
> predefined rexx functions ("GimpInit", "GimpRun" etc..)

And then in GimpRun() one can call all of the libgimp functions ?

> --
>       -----==-                                             |
>       --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /       [EMAIL PROTECTED] |e|
>     The choice of a GNU generation                       |

Cheers, Mark
* Mark Hessling,  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.lightlink.com/hessling/
* Author of THE; a Free XEDIT/KEDIT editor, Rexx/SQL, Rexx/Curses, Rexx/Wrapper
* Maintainer of PDCurses: Public Domain Curses and, Regina Rexx interpreter
* Use Rexx? join the Rexx Language Association: http://www.rexxla.org