When building gimp 1.0.4 on AIX 4.1.4 using AIX's C compiler /usr/bin/cc,
I receive the following error when make attempts to link libgimp:

pdx206:libgimp> /usr/bin/cc -o .libs/libgimp.so.1.0.4  gimp.o gimpchannel.o
gimpdisplay.o gimpdrawable.o gimpgradient.o gimpimage.o gimplayer.o gimppalette.o
gimppixelrgn.o gimpprotocol.o gimptile.o gimpwire.o -lc  -bE:.libs/libgimp.exp -bM:SRE
-bnoentry -L/usr/intel/pkgs/glib/1.2.8/lib -lglib
ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: PLUG_IN_INFO
ld: 0711-345 Use the -bloadmap or -bnoquiet option to obtain more information.

On Solaris 2.6, which built without issue, nm reveals that PLUG_IN_INFO is
undefined in libgimp so apparently the symbol should not be defined, but I
haven't been able to convince the AIX linker that this is the case.  Does
anyone know what I'm missing with this link command?

Glib and gtk+ were both built with /usr/bin/cc in case that makes a difference.

James Walden ([EMAIL PROTECTED])