On Tue, Oct 10, 2000 at 07:52:10AM +0000, thus said Brendan Byrd/SineSwiper:

> After using ldd on gimp and realizing that steps #1-8 were useless (though
> somewhat informative for the GTK installation procedure), I looked for an
> updated BlueSteel at gtk.themes.org.  Nope.  I've tried a few other themes that
> I already have and found that the following have that bug: BlueSteel, Marble3D,
> Pixmap.  Others like Cheese and Stone surprised me because they didn't have the
> bug, yet they had a pixmap for the buttons/background.

The Cheese theme is not using the pixmap _engine_ that is causing the
problem to appear. It is just having a background pixmap for the real
widgets, not replacing everything with pixmaps.

There is the "light" version of BlueSteel that doesnt use pixmaps but just
colors, try that instead. Pixmap themes are also very slow and eat more

.--->  [EMAIL PROTECTED]     .    |\,/|          [EMAIL PROTECTED]  <-----.
+---->  www.helixcode.com      -  ()-@@  ,           tigert.gimp.org  <----+
`----->  art director           ,  `--')/               a gimp artist  <---'