I have a multiplatform installation of gimp.  Though one can specify
--prefix and --exec-prefix to configure the sources and thus the
installation, the separation is not 100% clean.

The file

contains the hardcoded exec-prefix which IMHO is a bad thing, since it
will be set to the last platform one installed GIMP for.  GIMP then
cannot load plugins when started on a different platform.

My workaround is to define system specific aliasesÍ

        gimp --system-gimprc <syst dep. rgimprc>

and maintain two gimprcs.

I think this should be changed.  What is your opinion?

Best Regards,

PS: I reported this as bug #29474 but accidently thought is was closed
    by the movement of gimprc to an etc directory.

| http://www-ai.cs.uni-dortmund.de |
| AI-unit - University of Dortmund |