On Thu, Jan 18, 2001 at 12:42:23AM +0200, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
> (No, I don't know why duplicate PDB procedures cause strange errors
> and not just warnings. Anyway, GIMP seems to handle this situation
> better in the current gimp-1-2.)

It's a long standing bug in Gimp. I would really like to change the name
of one of my plug-ins, but this bug prevents that (it would crash Gimp)
It's possible, but unlikely that it's actually fixed in 1.2.0, but
generally people poke inside the PDB, throw up, tweak something until
the crash that annoyed them stops and go home.
I don't blame them, and I wouldn't volunteer to re-write its hairy
logic, so I've stopped whining about it. (unless this counts :) )

Nick.