I got that error before. I think it's the way file is saved on Windows - it
automatically acquires execution permissions if it's a new file and
sometimes when existing file.
in Cygwin you just run
chmod 666 file_name
In git there is a way to check what the permissions were before and you can
set them to original, as above, to avoid committing just the permission
changes.