Before git pulling, you must commit your changes to your local repository:
/git commit -a -m "myCommit"/

You can also, if you don't want to accumulate commits, clean your sand box with
/git checkout <path-to-your-po-file> /for every file./
/The file will return to its previous state, before your changes/./ Then git pull will update your file.

If you even though want to save you changes, you quand use
/git stash/
Your files will be saved and then return to their previous state.
Please run /man git-stash/ for more information about this command.

Hi, after sending the patch I'm not able to do "git pull" anymore in the gimp-help-2 repository. The error it throws is the next:

"guiu@guiu-N50Vc:~/src/gimp-help-2$ git pull
Updating 2817d87..0f50720
error: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by merge:
Please, commit your changes or stash them before you can merge.
Aborting "

I've tried to stag the files using "git add <file>" for every file it report problems, but I had no success with that.
I'm sorry for annoying you with my newbie git problems.

Guiu Rocafort