On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 03:08:42PM +1000, Róman Joost wrote:
> I see so many contributions and I haven't prepared a release for ages.
> I'm sorry for that. My good excuse is a daily job and my son which keeps
> his father busy during the day.
> Since I'm expecting a daughter at the end of december, I'm determined to
> push out a release before. I can see that Joao and his team is adding
> Portuguese. When would be a best time to release a new tarball?
You keep respawning child (processes) until all resources,
are exhausted! ;-)
> PS: Do you guys realise that we're already working ~ 10 years on this
> manual?? Isn't that awesome?
Well yes and no, with so much time...
- because the docbook-xml + gettext method is one of the best ways I
saw to keep up multilanguage translation effort is an efficiently manner
- context help search works out of the box and this is really a "good thing"
- the produced HTML is very good and works with every browser I know of
- pdf make is not working very especially with oriental languages
- many important languages are missing, arabic for a start...
- doc.gimp.org site design is really very poor, it seems to me made in year
... the good thing is that I want to address some of these issues
... or die in the try ... ;-)
| Linux User #78271 |
| FSFE fellow #364 |
gimp-docs-list mailing list