On 01/27/2014 10:07 AM, Elle Stone wrote:
On 01/27/2014 09:46 AM, Elle Stone wrote:

There's a whole lot about both topics on the internet. How do I learn
the very minimum needed to work on Gimp color management documentation?
Is there a worked example somewhere? Is there a step-by-step "here's
how" guide for people who really, really, really don't want to become
docbook/xml experts?

Hmm, I found the color-management.xml file - that's a start!

I expect that learning to use git and how to build is more of an obstacle than learning enough about docbook since the framework is already in place. It is a bit more difficult if you add or modify a figure, but, if all you do is add / change text, you will probably find it straight forward.

If you have too much difficulty, volunteers here will probably be happy to review and make final changes to your content to accomplish what is needed.

Andrew Pitonyak
Info:  http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php