On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 08:31:08AM +0100, Julien Hardelin wrote:
> I downloaded the babel-french package. Its installation is not clear fo me :
> If the latest version of this package is not included in your LaTeX
> distribution, do the following:
> * issue "luatex frenchb.ins" to unpack the language definition files,
> * copy the files frenchb.ldf and frenchb.lua to a location where TeX
>   can find them (default location: $TEXMF/tex/generic/babel-french/)./
> Please, could you explain me all that?

Note that my solution worked for me, but that does not mean that it's
the correct/best/only way. You should first check how it works under
openSUSE-Leap, e.g. check /path/to/dblatex/.../lang.xsl, check which
babel or french package are installed, etc.
Maybe there's a much better way (without patching dblatex).

And remember that I bypassed the openSUSE package system, I'm using a
Tex Live DVD. All *I* had to do was "tlmgr install babel-french"...

> Consider me as a newbie in this domain.

... and that's all I know - I'm a newbie too!

I recommend that you install the proper Ubuntu (or Debian?) package,

Alternatively you can try to just follow the instructions.
Set TEXMF to ~/.texmf and install the files:

        luatex frenchb.ins
        mkdir -vp $TEXMF/{tex,source,doc}/generic/babel-french
        cp -pv frenchb.{ldf,lua} $TEXMF/tex/generic/babel-french
        cp -pv frenchb.{dtx,ins} $TEXMF/source/generic/babel-french
        cp -pv frenchb.pdf README $TEXMF/doc/generic/babel-french

Look easy. :) Good luck! ;)

Wer über den Berg ist - geht abwärts.
                -- Karlheinz Deschner