me too :-) . What tripped me up in the beginning was git. Wrapping my
> head around it (with all the good help and manuals) took me some time,
> and every time I had git problem, my enthusiasm cooled down a little.
> Many a times I just backed up my changed files, deleted the local
> folder and downloaded the repository from scratch. All the while I
> wasn't translating.

We migrated from xml to po files to make translator's work easier...

Normally, a translator doesn't use git. He downloads po files from
DamnedLies He translates them and checks them
with gettext commands and then sends them to his language GNOME maintainer.

Only doc creators need git.

Gimp-docs mailing list