On 10/12/2015 01:20 PM, Jehan wrote:
The workgroup wiki page:
After some discussion on IRC, I updated the wiki page with the various
ideas, and a wireframe by pippin. Feel free to comment! :-)
In the proposed export dialog, will there be a place to choose the
precision for the exported file? For example, when exporting an image
file from a 32-bit floating point xcf layer stack:
* jpegs can be exported at 8-bit integer
* pngs can be exported as 8-bit or 16-bit integer
* tiffs can be exported as 8-bit integer, 16-bit integer or floating
point, 32-bit integer or floating point, etc
* I'm not sure what all the export precision options are for OpenEXR
images, but there's many more than one
* etc for other file formats
As exporting to a lower precision is likely to invoke the dither dialog,
it would be nice to be able to set global dither preferences, including
"No, never dither upon changing the precision and don't ever show the
In the proposed export dialog, will there be a way to set a default for
exporting metadata in tiffs and other file formats?
* For example, right now the tiff export dialog has an advanced menu,
that's closed by default, that defaults to exporting all the metadata
that's associated with the xcf layer stack.
* There are use cases for exporting all of the metadata, some of the
metadata, and none of the metadata.
* Currently the user has to click open the advanced dialog and change
the metadata export settings as desired, and then do it all again the
next time GIMP is opened.
* It would really be nice to be able to save metadata and other export
presets, to avoid having to make the same choices every time an image is
exported from GIMP.
Several suggestions regarding the export dialog were made in an earlier