On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 9:08 AM, Elle Stone <ellest...@ninedegreesbelow.com>
wrote:

> On 11/08/2015 01:01 PM, Jehan wrote:
>
>> The way I foresee would be at some point in some (likely distant)
>> future, we could have a powerful API allowing people to update the UI.
>> And when this happens, maybe it would allow to reorder options or other
>> things. Then users would just have to download a plugin (because if the
>> API allows it, there will be someone making a plugin to change the UI).
>>

> The idea of being able to reorder the tool options for a given tool to
> suit one's personal workflow, that makes a lot of sense. Would this be
> incredibly difficult to program?
>
> Tools and tool options should facilitate rather than impede the flow of
> work, and GIMP is used by a very diverse group of people for very diverse
> workflows. So a fixed order that makes everyone happy is maybe not even
> possible.
>
> Americo would find a particular order convenient for painting, and I
> suspect his suggeted order makes sense for a lot of other people who use
> GIMP for painting.
>
> Speaking as a photographer, for the dodge/burn tool I'd really like to put
> the options that are currently at the very bottom, instead at the very top.
>
> Other examples from other tools and workflows would be easy to find.

I am certain, to have this feature is a great and interesting way to
improve many flows... and will more easy to make tutorial about of process
of many areas.
My main difficult is understand the current logic of the choices... well...
will be better to know this 'logic' or to reorder the features following
some criteria, e.g., the affinity between the features. So in the
Paintbrush tool, for instance, the incremental stands alone in bottom of
dialog, but this has a great relationship with opacity... we can find other
examples in the same tool.
To have a feature that become possible ordering the tool options following
the taste and mainly necessities of user would a great thing.