Hi,

It use to bug me because I used windows mode with my layers panel on the
right,
Then every time I would use the rotate, scale etc, that little panel would
appear under my layers panel.

Was very annoying but that lead me to change my work flow around the single
window mode, and I've not looked back since.

The current one is fine in my opinion, but it would be great if one could
reposition it's default position.

Just off the original topic I don't know if this is a bug already or if
this is the new way,
I'm using gimp 2.9.7 and the tool options last used settings gets saved
even if I have my (Save tool options on exit) disabled under the
preferences,
So every time I use that tool again I have to reset the values to default.

Regards,
Yeshua

On 22 December 2017 at 03:47, Elle Stone <ellest...@ninedegreesbelow.com>
wrote:

> On 12/21/2017 07:30 PM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
>
>> Is there anyone who is satisfied with on-canvas GUIs in their present
>> state?
>>

> On the whole I don't particularly like the on-canvas GUIs, but I've
> assumed that other people do like them. There is one on-canvas GUI that
> lacks a fairly important bit of information, and another that is several
> steps beyond annoying:
>
> 1. The blend tool has an on-canvas GUI, but the angle at which the blend
> is being drawn isn't shown in the on-canvas GUI and also not shown in the
> status bar. This makes it a bit difficult to draw a gradient at a given
> prechosen angle.
>

> 2. I wish that the color picker had an option to permanently disable
> having the readout be on-canvas:
>
>   * Its presence in the upper right corner means that to color pick in the
> upper right corner first you have to put the color picker down somewhere
> outside the on-canvas GUI, and then slide the color picker up to the point
> where you want to color pick. But you still can't see where you might be
> color-picking, despite the on-canvas color picker being transparent.
>
>   * Its presence in the upper right corner interferes with seeing the
> entire image: Colors influence our perception of neighboring colors, which
> means having a GUI stuck in the corner of the image hampers making
> judgements about the image colors as a whole. Similar concerns obtain for
> judging image composition - the composition is thrown off by the presence
> of an odd rectange in the upper right corner.
>
>   * Removing the on-canvas color picker readout from the upper right
> corner requires clicking on a small icon in the upper right corner of the
> on-canvas GUI, and then you have to move the color picker readout to where
> you wanted in the first place, which for myself is usually *not* over the
> image, and on those rare occasions when it really is convenient to have the
> readout temporarily right over the image, usually it needs to be somewhere
> other than the upper right corner.
>
>   * The behavior isn't consistent. If you detach it from one image and
> then color pick another image without changing tools in the meantime, the
> readout is not attached to the second image's canvas. But if you do change
> tools and then go back and color-pick a second image, the readout *is*
> attached to the second image's canvas, from which it needs to be detached
> again.
>
> Elle

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says, ā€œIā€™m possible!ā€
~Audrey Hepburn