In message <>,
Steve Kinney <> wrote:

>On 01/09/2012 05:15 PM, Ronald F. Guilmette wrote:
>> I did that, and actually, yes, the specific image I'm working with seems to
>> have benefitted from having the defringer run on it twice.  Here's the image
>> after ONE and then TWO defringing steps:
>As a general rule, it's not a good idea to edit, save, open, and
>re-edit a .jpg image.  The .jpg format is a "lossy" compressed

Yea yea.  I know.

If I was doing this professionally, or for publication, then I would have
been more careful and saved the intermediate result as a .XCF file.  But
I'm just messing around here, trying to see what this whiz-bang purple
de-fringer can really do.  And so far, I'm pretty damned impressed.  It
really does a nice job... even better if you run it twice.