On 2/2/2012 12:37 AM, Kevin Brubeck Unhammer wrote:

The Display profile in UFRaw is not embedded, the output profile (middle
of the three) is. No matter what output profile you select, the preview
in UFRaw shouldn't change, if I understand things correctly.

Ahhhh.  I knew the display profile shouldn't be embedded, but...
I had the camera profile set but not the output profile.
However, changing the output profile in ufraw does change the ufraw preview image, so the preview you see has both the camera profile and the output profile applied. Or at least that's what I see.

That gets the right profile with appropriate confirm dialog in gimp and appropriate info in image/properties in gimp.

I'm still wondering about gimp not embedding the gimp preferences RGB profile when it writes the image out, but am too tired to think straight right now and will revisit that later.

Thanks again.

Gary