>Thanks for the links Dan they are great sources. But none of them really
>tells me about the relation between PS and GIMP USM settings. Myself, I
>usally set radius 10 , amount 0.5 and threshold to 4 and play with the
>values around those defaults a bit until I am happy, but it would be
>interesting to see if someone actually knew the relation between PS and GIMP

I have never used/seen Photoshop so don't know the ratios between PS and GIMP

What are the ranges for Photoshop ie Gimp's are
Radius       0.1-120
Amount      0-10.00
Threshold   0-255

Once we have this then we can convert the PS settings and see if they look the
same in Gimp.

Autoart (via gimpusers.com)