>On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 2:52 PM, stephen <for...@gimpusers.com> wrote:
>>>Is there a way in gimp to rotate a 2D image (e.g.
>>>BMW%20M3%20-%202002%20-%2003.jpg) about the Y Axis?
>> I tried GMIC but that rotates the layer in 3D.  I would like to create a
>> view of the front of the car or any any in between.
>>

>I guess I don't understand the question.
>It sounds like you want a 3d model of a car that you can rotate around.
>But that doesn't make sense since GIMP is not a 3d modeler
>(such as Blender). Can you explain what you mean?

>> I meant to type
>> http://media.onsugar.com/files/2011/03/10/2/1479/14793584/c5/BMW_20M3_20-_202002_20-_2003.jpg.
>>

>> --
>> stephen (via gimpusers.com)

I'm wanting to get different views of a 2D image, e.g.
http://www.lincah.com/2010-bmw-z4-gt3/2010-bmw-z4-gt3-front-side-view

I'm thinking that what I'm asking for is not possible.  I think GMIC's 3D is
the closest I'll ever get, but it compresses the image when varying Y angle
while keeping X and Z equal to zero.  I guess this should have been obvious to
me.

Thanks,
Stephen

--