On 07/30/2012 02:14 AM, Olivier wrote:
2012/7/30 Gary Montalbine<gmontalb...@cox.net>:
On 07/29/2012 09:44 PM, Owen wrote:

Gimp 2.8.0. Mageia2. When using the rotate option in transform tools a
very annoying grid pops up. This has never occurred before. It appears
to be useless as it rotates with the image. How can I remove it?

In the tool options for the rotate tool, set guides to "No guides"

Thanks. Unfortunately I can not find that option anywhere. I do not see it
in tools. I still have the guides.

That option is in the tool options. If you closed the corresponding
dialog, open it again with a double-click on the tool icon or with
Image: Windows ->  Dockable dialogs ->  Tool options. And don't close it
again, it's useful!

Found it. Thank you. Gary