On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 2:26 PM, Daniel Hauck wrote:

> And the "Save As" dialog showing files which shows other file format and all
> that.  The argument was made about being able to see filenames.  Really?

This _is_ a bug, It is recognized as such, filed in the bug tracker
(by me, personally), confirmed by the lead developer (in the bug
tracker) and will hopefully be handled by the team soon.

Why you understand a comment about possible "usefulness" of this bug
as an argument in favor of it, is beyond my comprehension.

> I just don't get why it can't be an optional behavior rather than "you've
> got no choice in the matter."

As stated many times before, we do not want to support unsafe
workflows. If you want to shoot yourself in the foot, you are welcome
to use other applications.

> And yes, there will ALWAYS be people who won't be satisfied. There will
> always be people who cheer for change too.  Let's have a poll?

This is not going to change anything. But sure, have fun with it :)

Alexandre Prokoudine