On 09/11/2012 05:05 AM, Daniel Hauck wrote:
> On 09/11/2012 04:25 AM, Steve Kinney wrote:
>> My word processor responds to "control-s" by saving the open
>> document in its own native format, which does not happen to be
>> suitable for distribution to end users. [etc]
> Which word processor might that be?

Open Office saves to ODT.  If you keep editing and re-saving
documents in an "undocumented" format with Libre Office, eventually
you will encounter a very annoying problem due to progressive
corruption of the internal markup code.

> Inkscape does not do this.

Inkscape saves in SVG format.  Lots of luck getting that to display
in software that expects raster image files.

> I'm no troll.  I see both sides of the issue.  But don't put out
> stuff that isn't true.  So please, which word processor(s) are you
> talking about?  Which vector editor are you talking about?

No comment, other than "own petard, etc."