On 12-09-18 06:07 PM, Gary Aitken wrote:
On 09/17/12 21:44, Richard Gitschlag wrote:
That's right - parentheses are not "free" in Scheme scripting, every opening
parenthesis must be immediately followed by a function call.  When you just want
parentheses to group a few statements together with, call the (begin ... ) function:

(begin (function a) (function b) (etc ) ... )

Thanks, both of you for clarifications.
Not sure where I saw the "print" but it seems to work:

I just remembered that "print" is one of the deprecated functions that were part of the old SIOD days of Script-Fu. While "print" will work, it is not standard Scheme and should not be used in new scripts.