I thought a straight size-pressure mapping was one of the defaults
shipped with GIMP?  (Apparently it's not!)

Size/opacity and hardness/opacity are two of THE simplest, most basic
tablet mappings you can have; they should seriously be part of the
default package.  Why we should have one for inverted size/pressure but
not straight size/pressure ... that's snafu to me.

Thanks, Richard, for your reply.
I was wondering whether this is missing for other users and appearantly it is. Let's not start arguing like those silly save ./. export threads ;-)

Kind regards,