I have done all sorts of things and most of the time, what I can't do is
usually limited by my own imagination.  But in this case, I'm not sure it's my
imagination lacking.

If you have ever taken a close look at printed currency, there is usually a
particular style of engraving that goes on there.  It follows the contours of
the image being presented, for example.  In the past, I have put my face on a
$100 bill but with limited success in terms of how realistic the results were.
In my view, the results were not so great because the filters I applied to my
face image were of a different style and definitely did not look like money
engraving.

Anyone have any knowledge of filters and/or techniques which can produce the
desired effect?

--
erroneus (via gimpusers.com)