>Do you have any sample files that exhibit the behavior?  I just tried
>exporting some BMPs from my win32 GIMP 2.8.4 and found absolutely no
>problems.  I didn't even have to set "do not write colorspace
>information" like I did the last time....
>
>-- Stratadrake
>strata_ran...@hotmail.com
>--------------------
>Numbers may not lie, but neither do they tell the whole truth.
>=
Hello:
Yes, I created these in 2.8.4 and they were loadable in the default viewer on
Windows7 which is
"Windows Photo Viewer".
However, I installed 2.4.7, and it cannot read these files.
The "LoadImage()" API function call in windows fails to read these files.
My creation is:
new image
size 5x5
color space rgb color
fill with transparency
A bit of drawing and then export to .bmp.
Thanks, ... what other .bmp viewers should I try?  (maybe browsers)
Tomarone

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/28/original/fivebyfive.bmp
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/29/original/threebythree.bmp