I try to put an image from GIMP into an embedded system using export. The c
file created has a struct with width, height, bytes per pixel (bpp) and the
data of the image. The total length is width*height*bbp+1.  The bpp in
default to 4 by GIMP. I has tried but fail to find an explanation of how
the data is arranged. Can someone point me a direction?

In the very low level of pixel by pixel write to the display controller,
one usually repeat image pixel height lines, and each line would have
width/8 bytes times the bpp. Thus a 48x32 image, would have 24 bytes for
each line and there are 32 lines. I try this rule but the image does not
seem come out right.

A 4-bytes bpp seems to indicated that the there are 4G (256*256*256*256)
color but most embedded display can only do 64K color (256*256), I found a
function by web search to convert 4 bytes to 2 bytes but not sure the
formula would be correct?  Is there an authoritative answer to  this?

Any help is appreciated.

IT&C (HK) Ltd. www.itnc.com  Tel:+852 6913 0049
PENIT (China) Ltd. www.penit.com : Tel: +86 755 26811370
E-Mail: kflee2...@gmail.com

SKYPE: kflee2000  QQ:129929-6015
19A, Seascape Plaza, 18 Taizi Road, Shekou, Shenzhen, PROC.
**** ACW: Alternative Class of Webspace 另类网路空间 *****
www.itnc.com  - Hong Kong Based HQ
www.penit.com - Logistic Software Developer
www.jpfree.com - ACW for Japan