On 06/08/2013 09:38 AM, Maurizio Loreti wrote:
This works for me (GIMP 2.8.4):
Menu windows -> dockable dialogs -> colors; select a yellow foreground color
File -> new; choose correct x-y values; Advanced options: Fill with ->
foreground color

This worked. In advanced options I found that I had the color space set to grayscale. I changed this to RGB and I now have my yellow background color.

Thanks for your help. Gary

Fuzzy select color tool; left click on the background to select it
Bucket fill tool; in the tool options: check fill with foreground color;
check fill whole selection

On Sat, Jun 8, 2013 at 2:56 PM, Gary Montalbine <gmontalb...@cox.net