From: Richard Gitschlag [mailto:strata_ran...@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2013 6:57 AM
To: Drew Laborde; gimp-user-list@gnome.org
Subject: RE: [Gimp-user] Fixing Deleted Left Behind Lines

> From: dlabo...@gillis.com<mailto:dlabo...@gillis.com>
> To: gimp-user-list@gnome.org<mailto:gimp-user-list@gnome.org>
> Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 17:14:40 -0500
> Subject: [Gimp-user] Fixing Deleted Left Behind Lines
>
> Dear Gimp,
>
> I absolutely love the program I am just trying to figure something out. When
> I start a new project and I start editing the photo (i.e. drawing on it with
> the paintbrush) I encounter a problem when I try to select certain colors and
> delete. So lets say I have three colors in my image. I do a little drawing
> and editing on my image and then I want each separate color to be a separate
> layer. So I select two of the colors and delete them. Any things that isn't
> that third color or where the two colors I deleted used to be now has these
> "editing lines" is what I want to call them. You can see faint lines where I
> had made slight changes to the image with lets say the paintbrush. HOW DO I
> GET RID OF THOSE LINES? Some help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
>
> Thomas

Most selection tools have an anti-aliasing feature which improves the visual
quality of the selection's edge pixels, but it also means that if you're doing
a cut and paste, there may be bits and traces of color left behind in areas
that you would expect to have nothing left.  Try switching the selectors'
antialising off and see if this improves your results.

-- Stratadrake
strata_ran...@hotmail.com<mailto:strata_ran...@hotmail.com>