On 08/18/2013 07:45 PM, t-4-2 wrote:
I am completely new to Gimp.
I have Gimp 2.8.6
I need someone to show me how to crop the head from one person and pasted to the
body of another person.
There are many ways. Here's one.
1) Open the picture containing the "body of another person" in gimp [C-O]
2) In the image window, File menu, use the "Open as Layers" command to open the
picture containing the head you desire. [C-Alt-O]
3) Use one of the "selection" tools (Rectangle, Oval, or Lasso) to select the
head (you can use the Lasso tool to draw around the head itself).
4) Cut [C-x] or copy [C-c] the selection you've just made.
5) Under the Edit menu, use the Paste as New Layer command. The head will appear
in the upper right corner of the image window.
6) Use the Move tool to place the head where you want it on the body picture.
7) Export the resulting picture, with the head of one on the body of the other,
to a jpg or png image.
8) Save the xcf file so you can do a better job next time
If you do nothing other than exactly these eight steps, your result is not
likely to be very satisfactory. The head could be the wrong size, the exported
picture might be badly cropped, etc. So it will be important for you to learn
how to use all the rest of the tools in the toolbox.
There are many simple tutorials available for these kinds of tasks.
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address: firstname.lastname@example.org
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list